Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Control Alt Delete Not Functioning?

When I type this in, it brings up a screen that has the user name, status, and session. At the bottom of the box, it only allows me to disconnect, log-off, or send a message.





I have checked the ';regedit'; and everything appears normal. I did a scan with CWS Scanner and got rid of a trojan named CWS.msconfig';





I have tried several websites and search engines to no avail. I have also right clicked the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and it brings up the same box.





Any idea/help?Control Alt Delete Not Functioning?
hey, i think i know whats wrong, there has been a setting changed, it's like how they've made it at my school, but i've got a good fix, download a program called Procxp, download it here





http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx





its got a function in the options menu, it alows the program to replace the windows task manager, if yo do this also select in that menu, only alow one instance, or you'll have so many





also it will have the same funcion as task manager but better





so you do CTRL + ALT + DELETE and your there and you can check anything there about your pc.Control Alt Delete Not Functioning?
More than likely since you have discovered something such as CWS.msconfig there may be more malware in your system. You'll need to scan your system with 2 other programs which are:





Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Spybot. These 2 cleaners will make sure anything else is removed as often times malware and trojans can easily disable your task manager, which in turn will keep the program secretly running in the background.





Hope this helps.
Try cleaning your Registry


http://www.ccleaner.com





I was haveing the same problem my ctrl alt delete was'nt working and it turned out be some bad sectors on my hard drive so i had to replace the hard drive just a few days ago.


Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment