Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My dish satellite remote wont control the TV functions.?

I have 2 remotes for my dish satellite system. The remote for the main TV had broken..so I tried to get the remote set up for the 2ND tv to work the main TV. All im managed to figure out was how to change the Volume and work the TV. SO.. i got the old remote(the one which was broken) took it apart and fixed it. It had just a loose connection w the bateeries. HOWEVER.. now I cant get the remote to work the TV..ie volume, channells..etc... The other remote (#2, the one i tried to switch it to) now controls the tv functions..and the one that i FIXED can only control the satellite functions. I tried to hold the clear tv button and then hit the tv..blahh blahh blahh....but it does NOT work. Every time i hit the CLEAR tv button, it says that it is already set to work the TV. This is very irritating having two (dish) remotes, just so I can change the volume. Anyone have any ideas??My dish satellite remote wont control the TV functions.?
I would work with the satellite box remote to get it works with both the satellite box and the TV. The satellite remote is designed to work with both the satellite box and the tv, and other equipment (vcr...). You need to read the manual and enter the code for the tv. There should be buttons to change between sat and tv.





If it does not work, you can get a universial remote control.
  • sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment