Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Power of the mind: Is it possible to control one's body's functions for one's benefit by visualizing?

I have been interested in the power of the mind. There has been tons of evidence supporting the use of belief(religious or


non-religious) in order to heal oneself. I have been wondering how the brain is capable of such a thing, and now I think I have stumbled upon the answer:





http://www.solbaram.org/articles/humind.html





';A key finding of this report is that the right hemisphere of the human brain is able to communicate by using images with the brain's older and more primitive component organs which have no verbal skills. And this enables us to communicate intentionally (that is 'consciously') with our autonomic nervous system and ask it by visualising to control body functions and to affect our body's immune system. Any or all our senses can be included when visualising.';





Supposedly we are capable of controlling our body functions by visualizing the changes happening. Is there any other evidence supporting this? This is the only finding I can locate regarding this specifically.Power of the mind: Is it possible to control one's body's functions for one's benefit by visualizing?
Hmmm, tough to say. I would say there is a small bit of mind over matter in healing.


But, to the contrary, my personal experiences of it are not positively endorsing. I suffered a paralyzing accident years back of my dominant hand and arm. Fully right handed, I no longer counciously had function of it. Uncounsiously and in dream state, I remember vividly having dreams of using my right arm as though nothing ever happened. Fully funtional. These dreams continued until slight functionality began to return. Since then, I have not had a dream of having full use of my arm, and the functionality of it only slightly returned.


I used to FIRMLY believe that you could create mind-over-matter miracles by simply not accepting and not believeing that you are inhibitive. Unfortunately, reality is a cruel sedative on the hopes of mentally overcoming such a severe injury.Power of the mind: Is it possible to control one's body's functions for one's benefit by visualizing?
The real power of the mind is dormant in most, almost all of us. It needs awakening. Once allert, it can do miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment