Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I restore my computer functions, like the control panel, after rouge anti virus software deleted them?

My computer is almost completely non-functional after I downloaded what I didnt realize was rouge antivirus software. It is also infected by spyware, and i have uncontrollable pop ups. I cant even install good anti-virus software(like Norton) to clean up the viruses and spyware now because I cant download it. My computer refuses to run it.





I cant remove these rouge software because I cant use my control panel or anything, because everything became non functional after the rouge software was downloaded. What do I do? I also recieve error messages too.


And if I have to back up my important files first, what is the best way to do it. I have the windows XP home edition. I dont know much about the inner workings of computers. Please help!How do I restore my computer functions, like the control panel, after rouge anti virus software deleted them?
Restart your PC in safe mode with networking


http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.s鈥?/a>





Download, install and run a full scan with Malwarebytes


http://www.malwarebytes.org





Run a full scan with Micro Trend House Call


http://housecall.trendmicro.com/How do I restore my computer functions, like the control panel, after rouge anti virus software deleted them?
If you can get to the Internet, go to safety.live.com and run a full scan. If your nasties are particularly vicious you may not be able to get this to work since some will not allow active-x installations from Microsoft.





If you can't get that to work go to www.downloads.com and get Spybot S%26amp;D 1.5.2. Update it and then run a complete scan. If Spybot doesn't run in regular Windows mode then reboot and tap the F8 button after you get past the mfg. splat screen. Go into safe mode and try to run Spybot from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment